Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Hot to duplicate image from DLT to a Specific DAT

2002-06-10 11:06:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Hot to duplicate image from DLT to a Specific DAT
From: mattm AT m-c-s DOT com (Matt Moody)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:06:30 -0400
You will have to do a few things to get this done:

1.  Change your backup schedules to start backing up with a 3 month
retention
2.  Change Vault to extend the off-site copy for the 1 year retention you
need
        for those classes
3.  Go through the catalog database and expire all on-site copies of the
data
        that are over 3 months old

#3 is a time consuming job.  But, it can be done (if I can do it, anyone
can).  Of course, if you don't mind allowing the current copies to expire on
their own, you can skip #3 altogether.

Matthew Moody
MCSI