Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Hot to duplicate image from DLT to a Specific DAT

2002-06-10 09:49:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Hot to duplicate image from DLT to a Specific DAT
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Manders)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:49:49 -0700
Hi,

We want to expire our media in the robots after 3 months. Right now it is set at
a year. We use BP Vault and offsite for a year all Full data (captured monthly).

Is there any reason to not set the local expire (for all incr, cincr and full)
media for 3 months, instead of a year as it is currently set.

Basically, the systems we are backing up are not trivial, so we are finding
Fulls are very big, and take alot of tapes, and we need to be able to recycle
something in this picture in order to survive.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!

Chris