Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fragment Size

2002-05-15 11:53:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fragment Size
From: suen AT cosmos.buffalo DOT edu (Michael Suen)
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:53:07 -0400 (EDT)
        Hello Carlos

        The Fragemnet size has affect if you are planning
        to backup to disk storage unit.

        It is the Max size of the file it will create to store
        your backup. In the "old days" there is a limited of
        a single large file of max 2G. If you lower the
        Frag size to like 1G, and your backup is total 5G,
        it will create Five, 1 G files in that specific
        directory.

        There is no frag size for tape storgae unit. (0)
        It doesn't matter how big, just store to there.

        And, yes you have to change/update your storage unit.

        thx

                        Mike