Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] TapeAlert cleaning, TLD, and Pools

2002-05-15 12:01:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] TapeAlert cleaning, TLD, and Pools
From: dave.markham AT icl DOT net (David Markham)
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:01:01 +0100
I have my cleaning frequency set to 100, as i read it somewhere that a short
time could be bad.

To know when i need a new cleaning tape i have the following script running
from cron every day.

#/bin/ksh

LOGFILE=/var/netbackup/clean-check.log

if [ -n "`grep clean /var/adm/messages`" ]
then
        > $LOGFILE
        echo "---------------------------------------------------" >>
$LOGFILE
        /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/cleanstats >> $LOGFILE
        echo "---------------------------------------------------" >>
$LOGFILE
        echo "Below results from grep" >> $LOGFILE
        grep clean /var/adm/messages >> $LOGFILE
        cat $LOGFILE | mailx -s "Clean Tape Warning from `uname -n`"
lava AT icl DOT net man23-ops@icl.
net
fi

i just call it clean-check and put it in
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/clean-check, and run it from cron each
day. It will give you a mail if a cleaning tape is needed and give you the
stats.

Hope this helps