Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] expired tapes become non robotic

2002-04-15 11:59:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] expired tapes become non robotic
From: dave.markham AT icl DOT net (David Markham)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:59:16 +0100
I do this often and so wrote a lil script to run after i did this to sync
the media manager and robot.

#!/bin/ksh
#Reloading and inventorising tapes for media manager

NBDIR=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin
MMDIR=/usr/openv/volmgr/bin
ADMINDIR=/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd

###### Script ######
#Interactive
#$MMDIR/vmupdate -x -rn 0 -rt tld -rh `uname -n` -vh
`uname -n` -interactive -use_
barcode_rules

#non-interactive
$MMDIR/vmupdate -x -rn 0 -rt tld -rh `uname -n` -vh
`uname -n` -use_barcode_rules

Then when you jhit refresh on the media manager they are back in the
inventory. I've  just had a thought that they may not be in the correct
pools, but this does not bother me in my set up as any new media I put in a
scratch pool which is used as required by whatever class/pool/schedule.

hope it helps
Dave