Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] expired tapes become non robotic

2002-04-15 10:43:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] expired tapes become non robotic
From: kk_downings AT yahoo DOT com (kk downing)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 07:43:36 -0700 (PDT)
We have a small library and occasionaly we end up
expiring tapes with the command:

bpexpdate -d 0 -force -ev <tapenum>

It seems that after running the above command though
that the tapes disappear from the media list reports
and end up being moved to non-robotic status. After
this it seems that it takes some work to get NB to see
these expired tapes(moving them back to robotic,
reinventory the robot a few time etc.) Can someone
explain this behavior or give me a way to go about
fixing this? I would like to expire a tape and have it
stay in the same volume pool and be available for new
backup. Thanks