Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Urgent Help - Informix Restore

2002-04-15 12:02:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Urgent Help - Informix Restore
From: JR.Redelinghuys AT mgxgroup DOT com (JR Redelinghuys)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:02:11 +0200
Hi

I need urgent help with the following restore:

Current setup: Tru64 systems, V5.0 - NBU 3.4.1 patch 2
Master "AAA" and Media/Informix server "BBB".

Successful backup taken of Informix database running on "BBB".

DR setup: Tru64 systems, V5.0 - NBU 3.4.1 patch 2
Master "YYY" and Media/Informix server "ZZZ".

Backup tapes taken out of robot that is connected to media server "BBB" and
entered into robot connected to media server "ZZZ". The images of Informix
backup was successfully imported on master server "YYY".

I added the following into the bp.conf file on master "YYY" -
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = AAA YYY (I suspect this should actually be BBB
ZZZ)?

We run onbar -r to restore but restore fails. (At some stage it was looking for
a class, but this I suspect came out of the bp.conf file under ~informix where
a class is specified for the Informix backup. Surely the restore would not look
for a class or do you need to create a duplicate class on "YYY" as the one on
the original server which is "AAA" in this case?)

What other steps / setting / changes / things do I need to do, to get the
restore working.

JR Redelinghuys

jr.redelinghuys AT mgxgroup DOT com
MGX - Software Engineer