Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running DLT8000 at DLT7000 density under Solaris 2.8

2002-04-12 10:45:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running DLT8000 at DLT7000 density under Solaris 2.8
From: Max.Booth AT ubsw DOT com (Max.Booth AT ubsw DOT com)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:45:37 +0100
Paul,

In this instance I don't think st.conf entries will help.

There is a firmware patch that can be applied to DLT8000
drives to set them into DLT7000 emulation mode, your drive
vendor should be able to do this for you.  We have a number
of DLT8000's running in this mode to maintain read/write
compatibility across the environment.

Regards,

max