Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running DLT8000 at DLT7000 density under Solaris 2.8

2002-04-10 16:19:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running DLT8000 at DLT7000 density under Solaris 2.8
From: PWinkeler AT officemax DOT com (Winkeler, Paul)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:19:39 -0400
Hello all,

I am looking for a way to "trick" the DLT8000 drives to write at a density
that is readable by DLT7000 drives.  Under Solaris each tape drive gets a
number of entries in /dev/rmt and I am guessing one of those is the one I
want.  Can anyone help me figure out what this trick might be?

Your choices are:
        /dev/rmt/0bn
        /dev/rmt/0cbn
        /dev/rmt/0hbn
        /dev/rmt/0lbn
        /dev/rmt/0mbn
        /dev/rmt/0ubn
Ender Solaris 2.8 the DLT8000 does not have an explicit st.conf entry so I
do not know what the corresponding density codes might be.

TIA,
 PaulW