Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] move the master server to a new machine

2002-04-10 17:20:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] move the master server to a new machine
From: anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca (Atif Naseem)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:20:13 -0700
I have a question . Is it possible that we can move the netbackup master server
from one machine to another.???
Actullay i have inherited an environment where the master server is also the
volume database host , with three media server and couple of clients. Master
server is installed on production server. I want to move Netabckup server from
the production server to a dedicated server. Any link or documentation about
this issue.
How we can recover the backups in the new environment , which were done in the
old  environment. ???Do we have to use the FAILOVER_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVERS
option ????
thanks in advace
atif