Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status Code 96 on Netbackup under NT

2002-04-11 12:12:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 96 on Netbackup under NT
From: anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca (Atif Naseem)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:12:40 -0700
Just want to add one more  in david's suggested steps. Also check the tape you
are using are new ones or used ?/ If they are used then you have to confirm
that the retention time of the images on the tape must be same to the retention
tim e of the backups  you are taking. Yuo can mix different retention on the
same tape unless  you set the option fro mixing the retentions. .
regards
atif

Atif Naseem
Unix Consultant
Vancouver General Hospital
anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca

>>> "David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com> 04/11/02 07:40AM >>>
1.  Verify Media type (ex.  if you STU is type DLT, but your Media in Media
Manager is DLT2, NBU sees this as different and will not use it)
2.  Verify Pool (if your class is pulling from MAIN, but the tapes ended up
in NetBackup, it will generate this error)
3.  Verify your STU (Storage Unit's density selection is wrong...see point
1. above)

That's where I would start.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com