Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL database backup

2002-04-11 12:24:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL database backup
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:24:59 -0500
Actually the MS SQL server agent has a fairly decent GUI (runs on the
client) that will create the files necessary for NetBackup to perform its
database backups.

Be sure read the release notes first, and the installation guide.  It is
fairly quick and painless (unless you aren't already numb from doing a few
dozen of these...just a joke). You'll need the NT admin to assist you, the
DBA to tell you what DB and how to back them up.  If all goes well you
should be backing up these SQL DBs in half a day, tops.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
847 413 1144
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com