Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status Code 96 on Netbackup under NT

2002-04-11 11:52:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 96 on Netbackup under NT
From: bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com (BAHNMILLER,BRYAN (A-ColSprings,ex1))
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:52:04 -0600
Simon,

  We had something similar happen. For us it has only happened with 3.4.1_2.
I take a look through the logs, and it looks like the system has tried to
mount every piece of available media in the library. When we did a Media
Summary Report, all of the formerly available media shows up as FROZEN. We
then had to do a "bpmedia -unfreeze on all the media it had just frozen. We
then cycled the NetBackup daemons and everything seemed to run fine.

  We don't know what happened. We don't even have any idea what triggered
it! But it has happed to us twice on two different master servers. These 2
master servers are running HP/UX 11.0 with NetBackup 3.4.1_2. We haven't
seen it happen with prior NetBackup versions.

   Bryan

Bryan Bahnmiller
IT | Information Technology

Agilent Technologies, Inc.