Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tru64 and Quantum DLT8000 and Chaparral

2001-08-27 10:16:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tru64 and Quantum DLT8000 and Chaparral
From: Jagtar.Ghuman AT kanatek DOT com (Jagtar Ghuman)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:16:34 -0400
Hi All

I am trying to configure a ALPHA Tru64 version 5.1 as a media server. It
is using Compaq supplied Emulex8000 HBA with latest driver, connected to
Brocade 2400 and Chaparral FS1310 bridge and bridge is connected to ATL
M1500 robot and 4 DLT8000 tape drives. I can see the tape drives from my
master (Solaris 7) and another Win2k media server.

However from Tru64, I can see the robot (from #hwmgr -view -devices) but
no tape drives, and if I go into SCU utility then the command
scu> show edt
displays the robot properly but instead of displaying 4 DLT8000 tape
drives and a Chaparral bridge, it shows the robot and 5 instances of
Chaparral FS1310.

I have tried by changing the SCSI ID'd on robot, tape drives but no luck
and my lack of Tru64 knowledge adds to the problem. Compaq and Chaparral
haven't been able to help us either.

Any help, any pointers/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Jagtar