Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup routing

2001-08-27 11:06:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup routing
From: chris_adolf AT rac.ray DOT com (Chris Adolf)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:06:37 -0500
Goodmorning,
    This weekend we added an additional NIC to our backup servers for
monitoring through HP Openview.  It is only an hme card and the other
interfaces intended for the backups are ge cards.  Over the weekend
several of our backups failed with an error of 56 because they were
trying to backup through the hme card  and that hostname is not in the

bp.conf.  Is there a way to tell Netbackup to ignore a specific
interface, or can someone explain to me how it selects the interface
when backing up.  The majority of our clients have an interface on the

same subnet as the backup servers and don't have a problem, the ones
that don't have a direct connect to the same subnet are the problem
children.

Server info:
    Solaris 2.6
    NBU 3.4

Any help would be appreciated, unfortunately, static routes are not an

option.
Thanks,
Chris