Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Again error code 1

2001-06-04 10:13:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Again error code 1
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net (John_Wang AT enron DOT net)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:13:49 -0500
Hello

I would ignore it.   The codes TRV and WRN stands for Trivial and Warning plus
bpinetd.exe is the executable for the bpinetd daemon which mimics the behaiviour
of Unix's inetd hence is running all the time on the client; given Windows
strict locking model for the filesystem, it's not surprising that a backup
program would produce such a warning message for such a file.   Likewise
DHCP.tmp is a file likely to be in use during a backup so it too is likely
locked at the time of access thereby producing such warnings.

I wouldn't bother putting the files in the exclude list because they are still
being backed up, the warnings are just that Netbackup can't guarantee file
consistency if they were changed by the other process during the backup.   With
the executable, this shouldn't be a problem because it's not going to change and
with the tmp file, it doesn't matter cause the data contained is disposable in
nature.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Networks
Enron Building room 3427e
ph (713) 345-4888
cell (832) 493-1263
fax (713) 646-8462
pg pagejwang AT skytel DOT com or 1-877-390-4155

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          axel.kunze@da|
|        |          b.com        |
|        |                       |
|        |          06/02/01     |
|        |          01:06 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu          |
  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron           |
  |       Communications)                                    |
  |       Subject:     [Veritas-bu] Again error code 1       |
  >----------------------------------------------------------|

Hi everybody !

I just want to trace this one here:

06/02/2001 05:42:04 MASTER CLIENT  from client CLIENT: TRV - can't
                    reopen file for setting times:
                    C:\Programme\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\bpinetd.exe (WIN32 32:
                    Unknown error)
The file is saved to tape ...

This one is clear to me ( the file is locked and should be in the exclude_list):

06/02/2001 05:49:10 MASTER CLIENT  from client CLIENT: WRN - can't open
                    file: C:\WINNT\system32\dhcp\Dhcp.tmp (WIN32 32: Unknown
                    error)

Any help ?!? Or just ignore it ...

Regards

Axel Kunze