Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Behvoural question

2001-04-19 10:23:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Behvoural question
From: kkadams AT mmm DOT com (kkadams AT mmm DOT com)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:23:21 -0400
I too experience infrequent 4x errors. Usually they happen on the same set of
clients. I've found that logging above level 1 increases the amount of
occurences.

Having said that I'm a newbie to Netbackup. Being a newbie I find
troubleshooting with the logs can be like reading another language. How did you
experienced Netbackupers become familiar with the logs? Do you just keep reading
and reading and reading until it becomes English or is there some sort of
guideline to follow?

Any help would be appreciated.

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          "Zufall, Ken"       |
|        |          <[email protected]|
|        |          owell.com>          |
|        |                              |
|        |          04/19/01 08:27 AM   |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |     To:     "'Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca]'" <AhrensJ AT psi DOT
ca>             |
  |       Veritas BU <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

  |     cc:     (bcc: Khris K. Adams/CA-Canada/3M/US)                          |
  |     Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] Behvoural question                       |

I've seen this in the past but have never been able to track the cause.  The
error I usually receive is a 41.

Ken Zufall
330.202.4113

"It's not the most difficult job in the world, but I do have to know all the
letters." - Vanna White