Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 219

2001-04-17 12:06:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 219
From: olaf_behnke AT de.schindler DOT com (olaf_behnke AT de.schindler DOT com)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:06:34 +0200
Hi all,
this morning one of our dlt drives went down. After solving the problem I
put the drive into up state. The following jobs - scheduled an hour later -
stopped with error 219 (required storage unit is unavailable). I know from
the past, that I have to wait some hours until NB master will get the info
that the drive is up again. If I don't want to wait I have to stop and
restart all NB master processes. I decided to restart NB master today but
have anyone a better solution?

Environment: NBU 3.1 on HPUX 10.20, DLT Library HP 4845A (like StorageTek
98..).

Regards
Olaf Behnke
Schindler Deutschland Holding GmbH