Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 219

2001-04-24 10:03:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 219
From: david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:03:10 -0500
It actually does work while there are active backups, unless this has been
changed from 3.1x to 3.4x.  However, it will only work under certain
conditions related to a 219 like errors.

Ex.  The way I came across this from Veritas was at a client's site who's
backups were failing continuously overnight with the Storage Unit errors.
The tape devices were going 'down' at a rather high rate, and for whatever
reason,  NBU would not acknowledge that the drives were back online (using
my drivewatch script it would monitor the status of the drives and 'up' them
if they should go 'down').  After analyzing the logs, it was determined that
bpschedreq -read_stunits should be added to the script to force NBU to
acknowledge the status.  This was during a time when backups were active.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com