Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mac data and NetBackup

2001-04-09 16:33:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mac data and NetBackup
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:33:21 -0700 (PDT)
Quoting Jeff Kennedy <jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com>:

> Does NetBackup support Mac data backups?  I have a
Novell client
> (really? who'd of thought..) that has macintosh data
stored on it and
> accessed by mac clients.  We have restored data when
using BackupExec
> but are having no luck with NetBackup.
>
> Anyone still have mac data that they are backing up
with NetBackup?  And
> can you restore it?
>
> As I understand it the problem is the resource fork.
The data fork
> seems to still be intact but the resource is either
not backed up at all
> or is not being restored properly.  I have tried an
entire directory
> restore as well as a single file restore.  There is
other data mixed in
> with this and it restored fine in both cases.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> =====================
> Jeff Kennedy
> Unix Administrator
> AMCC
> jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com
bu

Jeff:

I don't have Novell or Mac clients, but may I take a
stab anyway?

My guess is that is hasn't a thing to do with your mac
clients, but Namespace support on  your Novell NBU
client.  I'm not sure how NBU does it, but I thought
there was a way to tell it that you were supporting Mac
Namespace, OS2 namespace, etc.

Okay, so I wasn't much help...but I tried.

;-)

david
David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting