Networker

[Networker] Multiple Networker Media Databases on a single server

2013-06-26 04:26:42
Subject: [Networker] Multiple Networker Media Databases on a single server
From: gregsih <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 01:19:36 -0700
We have a number of legacy Oracle Solaris sparc servers which are scheduled for
de-comissioning. All of these servers have, at one time or another, been used
as Networker servers.

My question is - can the Networker media databases from these defunct servers
be copied onto another working server so that the media database can be
preserved and be accessable by the 'working' server.

The reason for the question is that the tapes must be retained for 10 years and
the location of each tape must be recorded in human readable format. Being able
to address multiple Networker media databases would seem to be the best
solution.

The 'working' servers are all Solaris 10 64 bit sparc systems running Networker
7.6.2.

Please let me know if any other information would be useful.

Thanks

Greg