Networker

[Networker] VSS chnages in NW 8?

2013-06-25 12:21:54
Subject: [Networker] VSS chnages in NW 8?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:17:09 -0400
It appears as if there have been changes to the VSS backup portion of NW
8. In 7.6.2, there used to be 5 VSS savesets:
(this is backing up a Win 2008 R2 server)

VSS SYSTEM FILESET:
VSS SERVICES:
VSS BOOT:
VSS USER DATA:
VSS OTHER:

Now with 8.0.1.5, it appears the last 2 (VSS BOOT:, VSS USER DATA:) no
longer exist (or don't get backed up, I'm not sure which). If I specify
all 5, backups fail with the last 2 as "No such file or directory".

So this is an expected change, I take it? I don't seem to find any
reference to such a change in the NW 8 SP 1 Administration Guide.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM