Networker

[Networker] DeDupe options

2013-03-22 11:28:48
Subject: [Networker] DeDupe options
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:22:50 -0700
We are using 2 DD880s in an environment of slightly larger environment. No VTL,
just AFTDs so far.
We have phased out our Avamar. Not that this it was not well performing but it
is a strange solution when it comes to cloning and other issues. For that
purpose, we were also using the DDs. The other major issue was that the SS size
on an Avamar backup does reflect the true size so you cannot use these backups
for statistical purposes.

With a 10GbS backbone be have achieved very good results, especially since we
upgraded to NW 8.