Networker

[Networker] DR site Considerations

2013-03-25 10:21:10
Subject: [Networker] DR site Considerations
From: nmurphy1507 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 03:47:33 -0700
I am after some advice regarding a DR implementation;

We have Networker 8 backing up to a DD670, the backuped data is then being
cloned to a secondary DD670 using CCR. We have a Standby server located at the
secondary site and in case of a DR scenario at the primary site we are backing
up bootstrap, indexes, mm and res files to a SAN volume accessible from both
sites.

Regarding the hostname and IP address changes of both sites - how would someone
go about bringing up the secondary site with Networker, copying over the
indexes, mm and res files and then being able to use that server to continue
backuping up and thus avoiding the DR server being down.

I have read a blog on here thating you can remove the primary networker server
using nsradmin however, we tried that and networker would not initialise on the
secondary site - is there a way of having the secondary site renamed as the old
hostname? What about IP addresses - they can't simply be renamed? Any
suggestions would be appreciated.