Networker

[Networker] Script to look for backup failures.....7.6x & 8.0

2013-02-01 16:27:11
Subject: [Networker] Script to look for backup failures.....7.6x & 8.0
From: Dennis Peacock <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 13:26:58 -0800
Thanks for the info. My other use of this is to include in the script to
automatically cut a problem ticket for said failed backup.

My other issue is that I still have to upgrade 19 other masters that span
multiple O/S flavors, multiple masters, and multiple hardware platforms. So I'm
trying to setup this process to be its own "island" on each master so that it
isn't dependent on some other server or service outside the master server it is
running on.

Networker is just ONE of the backup products I help support. I help support
over 100 backup master servers. So this would be very helpful to automatically
open a trouble ticket when a backup fails.  [Wink]