Networker

Re: [Networker] Script to look for backup failures.....7.6x & 8.0

2013-02-02 11:05:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Script to look for backup failures.....7.6x & 8.0
From: Aaron Sakowski <dirtrin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 10:58:09 -0500
As Dave mentioned, there is a field is the savegroup configuration that
will run execute a command or a script upon savegroup completion.  You can
initially put a command in there to dump the completion report to a text
file, then use that to generate a script/program that will process the
savegroup command as you wish and perform any followup tasks.

Another option is to set up a CRON job that runs every X minutes.  The CRON
job could use the nsr_render_log command to display the daemon log from the
past X minutes.  Then, process the selected log information as you wish.