Networker

Re: [Networker] Purging an old client's CFI

2012-11-08 10:01:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Purging an old client's CFI
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 14:51:13 +0000
On 08/11/12 13:35, Michael Leone wrote:
>> You have both CFI and media entries because neither the browse nor the
>> retention periods have passed.  To get rid of just the file index
> entries,
>> alter just the browse time and then force index maintenance.
>
> How do I alter the browse times of clients that don't exist anymore? Do I
> need to re-create the client, set the browse and retention time, and then
> "nsrim -X"? What of the savesets that have browse and retention times that
> don't expire for a while yet (such as EOM savesets)? Will they be affected
> by a change like this, or do I need to set re-set the browse and retention
> on those savesets individually? (that's what I am trying to avoid)

Altering the browse time in the client resource won't have any effect on
existing backups anyway. The browse time is stored in the media DB for
each save set. It used to work the other way a very long time ago, I
think at pre-NW6.

You need to make changes to each save set as required, and then wait for
nsrim to run to reclaim the index space, or run it manually if you like.