Networker

Re: [Networker] Purging an old client's CFI

2012-11-07 12:53:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Purging an old client's CFI
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 11:52:48 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Purging an old client's CFI, Michael Leone said...:

I need to free up some disk space on my backup server. I have a lot of
indexes for old clients that have been deleted. The history is still in
the media database, however, and their indexes till exist in on the backup
server. What I want to do *just* purge the CFI but leave the history, This
way, on the unlikely chance I need a recover, I can scan the tape, or
restore the CFI itself.

But how do you purge the client CFI, and leave the history? All at once, I
mean - I know I can script something to retrieve all the relevant  the
SSIDs and then "nsrmm -d ssid". But what if I wanted to delete all the CFI
of a client at once, but leave the history? How do I do that?

You have both CFI and media entries because neither the browse nor the
retention periods have passed.  To get rid of just the file index entries,
alter just the browse time and then force index maintenance.

Or just delete the CFI directory for each client (not recommended, but
will work).

Tim
edu