Networker

Re: [Networker] Limiting a client to one of two tape drives

2011-06-02 12:22:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Limiting a client to one of two tape drives
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 17:21:12 +0100
Hi bingo,

That's a good point but that information is on the first msg:

"each drive has 16 as its target sessions value. This is with NetWorker 7.6
SP1 on a Linux box."

So, I asume  "max sessions" >= 16 (default is 512, I think.)

The problem may not be caused by the settings on these two drives. If there
are other drives on that SN, then the lowest target sessions configured on
any device on that SN will be used  (even if that other device is linked to a
different pool). This information appears on the admin guide.

Having the "target sessions" parameter on the device configuration seems to be
pointless, at first.  However, on second thoughts, it does make sense because
there isn't a "NSR storage node" type available.  So this attribute will have
to be configured on the devices (a  dedicated SN is defined that way).

Stan,

 do you have more devices on that SN? If not, then I have run out of
ideas...or maybe this is a bug?.

jee