Networker

[Networker] Limiting a client to one of two tape drives

2011-06-01 16:40:21
Subject: [Networker] Limiting a client to one of two tape drives
From: ldugarte <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:39:52 -0700
points. This client is in its own savegroup, which has a tape pool devoted
exclusively to it. I want its backup to be limited to only one of the two
tape drives in my tape library. I have been playing around with different
settings, but every time I try it, the backup mounts two tapes even though
each drive has 16 as its target sessions value. This is with NetWorker 7.6
SP1 on a Linux box.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can do this without setting a pool target
limit of 1, please let me know. <<<<<<<<

Hello.

To limit your savegroup to use only one drive go to Media Pools and select the
pool that is used for your group, then in the tab Selection Criteria you can
see Target Devices. In this box, check the drive that you want your pool use
and unckeck all others.
Hope it help