Networker

Re: [Networker] Q about Networker module for SQL/Databases and Applications

2011-02-16 21:26:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Q about Networker module for SQL/Databases and Applications
From: michael.jones2 AT EMC DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:23:35 -0500
The error code returned to NW from the VSS framework is very generic so we
can't say from just that information what could be the problem.  The most basic
of troubleshooting steps is for the customer to consult the Windows Event
Viewer and find the exact VSS error messages recorded there. Navigate to
Applications and Services Logs. With the VSS event ID in hand, use this web
site to see what Microsoft might recommend to resolve the events:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734545%28WS.10%29.aspx