Networker

[Networker] A set of Questions

2010-04-01 10:56:22
Subject: [Networker] A set of Questions
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:53:15 -0400
Terveen, Frank wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to have some answers or reassurance about the following set
> of questions
>
> Situation : Networker 7.4.4 Server on Windows 2003 Sp2
> All clients are Windows server
> 4 MOSS servers in one farm
> 2 node exchange cluster running MS client for exchange 5.x (latest
> version)
> Running backup 2 Disk on a NS120
> Then Staging to disk when room is needed on NS120 or when off-site
> transport is scheduled
>
> <snip>

Frank, have you considered backing up your Exchange environment at the
information store level rather than at the brick-level?  Exchange 2003 and
higher use the Recovery Storage Group option, which gives you the granularity
of individual items without the hassle of brick level.   The only caveat to IS
level backups is that you cannot use the RSG with Public Folders.

Just curious.  We've used IS-level here for years and have been very happy with
it.

--brerrabbit