Networker

[Networker] A set of Questions

2010-04-01 02:45:32
Subject: [Networker] A set of Questions
From: "Terveen, Frank" <Frank.Terveen AT AFM DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:42:15 +0200
Dear all,

I would like to have some answers or reassurance about the following set
of questions

Situation : Networker 7.4.4 Server on Windows 2003 Sp2
All clients are Windows server
4 MOSS servers in one farm
2 node exchange cluster running MS client for exchange 5.x (latest
version)
Running backup 2 Disk on a NS120
Then Staging to disk when room is needed on NS120 or when off-site
transport is scheduled

I have a load of questions on a few topics

1.      Staging: in the GUI there is an option to stage all savesets to
tape In the second tab of staging
        Is there a way to script this function (would be nifty for
off-site transport)

2.      Exchange Bricklevel / mailbox Backup: Just to be sure bricklevel
or mailbox backup does not take the store off-line?
        So I can run a bricklevel backup without causing the users
discomfort cos they cant use outlook ?

3.      Exchange Bricklevel / mailbox Backup: Is there a way to tell
Networker where he has to create the
        TMP files he makes when backing up the mailboxes ?

4.      Exchange Bricklevel / mailbox Backup: It seems the syntax to
backup someone's mailbox does not work.
        When I run a backup through the GUI it works but I think I have
the syntax wrong (the PDF docs on the site don't help much)

5.      NMM usage for backing up MOSS2007 / We are starting to use MOSS
in our production environment, I have seen posts about NMM not
        Living up to the task of good complete backups and restores and
granualar backups and restores (perhaps in excess) but any comments and
what to use instead ?

Thanks in advance

Disclaimer:
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer_english/
Indien u de link niet kunt openen, neemt u dan contact op met
telefoonnummer +31 (0)20 7972000. Meer informatie vindt u op de
website http://www.afm.nl.
If you are unable to access the link, please dial +31 (0)20
7972000
Additional information is available on the website
http://www.afm.nl.