Networker

Re: [Networker] A set of Questions

2010-04-01 08:17:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] A set of Questions
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:14:17 -0400
I can answer some of these from my experience...

 Yes - It basically dumps each mailbox to a temporary .pst file (one at
a time), then backs them up....

> 3.    Exchange Bricklevel / mailbox Backup: Is there a way to tell
> Networker where he has to create the
>       TMP files he makes when backing up the mailboxes ?

  Yes - with a -p option in the 'backup command' field of apps/modules
tab of the client config. Here is one we use:
 nsrxchsv.exe -I "C:\\Program Files\\Legato\\nsr\\bin\\im02-mb.txt" -p
"E:\\Temp"
  - which reads the list of mailboxes to backup from the im02-mb.txt
file and uses E:\Temp for a work area...

> 4.    Exchange Bricklevel / mailbox Backup: It seems the syntax to
> backup someone's mailbox does not work.
>       When I run a backup through the GUI it works but I
> think I have the syntax wrong (the PDF docs on the site don't
> help much)

  We always use the -I option to point to a file that lists the
mailboxes to be backed up. The format of that file is:
MSEXCH:MB/Lastname, Firstname