Networker

Re: [Networker] How to remove bogus device entry from NMC?

2009-09-08 13:08:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to remove bogus device entry from NMC?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:02:46 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] How to remove bogus device entry from NMC?,...:

Tim Mooney

I had the exact same thing happen to me on one of our two RHEL 5.x
NetWorker servers, when I upgraded the smaller of the two from 7.4.2 to
7.4.5.

It took me quite a while to get the mess cleared up, and I've vowed that
despite what others have said about configuring the jukebox through the
NMC GUI, it will be years before I try that again.  I'm sticking with
jbconfig.

To get rid of the problem I used nsradmin, in visual mode.

- select type NSR StorageNode and delete the storage node it defined.

As it turns out, I have a couple of disk devices associated with this
storage node, so I can't delete it without destroying those devices, can
I? Or will simply disabling them allow me to remove the storage node? I've
actually never had to remove a storage node before, since we've always had
our storage node and server colocated on the same physical system.

Oohh, that I can't answer.  I would be extremely hesitant to remove a
disk-based device.  Your best bet is to contact EMC support and have them
help you clean up the mess their software made.  :-|

Tim
edu