Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage Node Member of Multiple Data Zones

2009-09-01 14:08:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage Node Member of Multiple Data Zones
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:59:18 -0500
It may be "cleaner" to partition the library into 2 different virtual
libraries (assuming your library has this option).  We have a scalar
i500 and 2 networker data zones.  We have half of the drives fiber
connected and zoned so only one of the data zones can see them, the
other fiber connected drives are zoned so only the 2nd data zone can see
its half.

Each zone see's only its drives and has its own partition.  The only
problem we run into is that we can't partition the I/E station (cap
door).  This functionality is available on the i2000 though.