Networker

[Networker] Backup/restore environment

2009-09-01 13:58:16
Subject: [Networker] Backup/restore environment
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:53:01 -0400
Hi everyone,

We (RIT) are in the process of replacing some hardware in our backup
environment.  I'm looking for folks that have done a similar project who
would be willing to talk/email with me about their experience.  In
particular, we are investigating VTLs (either for staging or as long
term storage) and LTO4 tape libraries.

If you are willing to talk to us, I have more specific questions.  I
just wanted to keep the email to the list brief.

Thanks.

Teresa

Teresa Biehler

Information and Technology Services

Rochester Institute of Technology
teresa.biehler AT rit DOT edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.