Networker

[Networker] Storage Node Member of Multiple Data Zones

2009-09-01 13:44:14
Subject: [Networker] Storage Node Member of Multiple Data Zones
From: Tom Birkenbach <tom.birkenbach AT WMICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:38:17 -0400
Can a storage node be a member of multiple data zones?

Ultimately, I'd like to have my test tape library primarily function in my
test environment.  However, I'd like the ability to have it function in the
production backup system should it be needed.  ASSUMING that you CAN have a
storage node be a member of multiple data zones, I would have the storage node
(with attached tape library) exist as a storage node in each data zone and
then have it enabled in only the environment/zone that I need it in.  If/when
I need it on the other zone, I'd disable it in the first zone and enabled it
in the second.

If there's a better/alternate way in doing this, please let me know.

-Tom B.