Networker

Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4

2009-03-03 13:25:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:24:09 -0600
Hello,
I think your case is bit different, it may be normal to take a while for
server to initialize all the processes and services, check the server
startup eventlog to see when does the NMC services  startup ? especially,
if your server has lots of tapes, NIC and HBA to initialize, 15 minutes
seems a lot though.
HTH

"tcassid AT kimball DOT com" <tcassid AT KIMBALL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/03/2009 12:17 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"tcassid AT kimball DOT com" <tcassid AT KIMBALL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: v7.4.2 to v7.4.4

We are seeing some of these problems as well. We are Windows 2003
NetWorker 7.4.3.  I have two open severity 1 cases with EMC on these
issues. They have been open for some time and I'm still waiting to get a
fix. Our two biggest problems are the bootstrap job taking 15+ minutes to
run and the other issue is if we reboot or re-start NetWorker it takes the

NMC 15+ minutes for the Monitoring screen to populate. We have a little
over 200+ clients.

Our any of you seeing these issues. Long bootstrap runs and NMC not
showing the monitor data after a cycle of NetWorker for a long time.

I'm almost 100% positive its the jobsdb casuing the issues.

type