Networker

Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4

2009-03-03 13:25:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:23:20 -0500
> From: "tcassid AT kimball DOT com" <tcassid AT KIMBALL DOT COM>
> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:17:55 -0500
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4
>
> We are seeing some of these problems as well. We are Windows 2003
> NetWorker 7.4.3.  I have two open severity 1 cases with EMC on these
> issues. They have been open for some time and I'm still waiting to get a
> fix. Our two biggest problems are the bootstrap job taking 15+ minutes to
> run and the other issue is if we reboot or re-start NetWorker it takes the
> NMC 15+ minutes for the Monitoring screen to populate. We have a little
> over 200+ clients.
>
> Our any of you seeing these issues. Long bootstrap runs and NMC not
> showing the monitor data after a cycle of NetWorker for a long time.
>
> I'm almost 100% positive its the jobsdb casuing the issues.

Regarding NMC, are you running it on your NetWorker server? If so, consider
moving it to its own server. Also, even with NMC on its own server, I
sometimes see it take a little while to update the monitoring info, but I
realized that if I click on the archiving tab, then click on any of the
other monitoring tabs, the info populates right away.