Networker

Re: [Networker] Quality of the tapes

2008-08-16 12:51:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Quality of the tapes
From: David Magda <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:43:12 -0400
On Aug 16, 2008, at 01:35, kurianv wrote:

Can i reduce the number of tapes for the weekly backup tapes i am maintaining ....I used to have only 10 - 11 tapes before for backup...but gradually..the number of tapes became 15...I dont know why this happened.....

Does any1 have any suggestions regarding this?

Perhaps you're backing up more data? Perhaps the data that you are now backing up is not a compressible as it used to be?

You need to look at what was happening when you only used ten tapes, what is happening now, and try to figure out what changed between then and now.