Networker

Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the same!

2008-05-27 11:59:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the same!
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:53:38 -0500
Hello,
I agree, it  will not apply to your environment, as noted below.
Thanks for the clarification.

Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT uvm DOT edu>
05/27/2008 10:43 AM

Fazil.Saiyed AT anixter DOT com
cc
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
Subject
Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the
same!

Fazil,

If you are recommending that I use persistent binding, then I will have
to tell you that it is useless for me to do that because I have each
tape directly connected to a port on an HBA.  Since persistent binding
has to do with multiple devices attached to a single port on an HBA it
doesn't help me.  What I need is persistent binding at the OS level,
which is provided by the newer udev drivers for Linux by basing devices
on the WWNN of the tape drive (at least until I have to replace a faulty
drive).

Frank