Networker

Re: [Networker] Advanced file type devices on storage nodes

2008-05-22 13:10:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advanced file type devices on storage nodes
From: "Reed, Ted G II [IT]" <Ted.Reed AT SPRINT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:07:55 -0500
mminfo -q "volume=$NameOfAFT" -r "%used"

In my case, I have a chunk of space in an old school File Type device mounted
as /diskpool.  The 'volume' name is DBMIDATA.001, and it reports fine via this
command.  You could also do a scripted compare/contrast with a df output from
the SN.  If those AFT devices remain constant in max size, then you could
generate the df off the SN and pass it over to the master as a PERM list to
compare against.  Then you could use the following code to get the realtime
total size in bytes on the AFT:
         mminfo -av -q "volume=$NameOfAFT" -r "totalsize" | awk
'{sum=sum+$0};END{print sum}'

Comparing that number to the available size, your script could either A) print
used size vs max size (akin to a df output) or B) print 'max size minus used
size = available size'...if you wanted to do the math in the script.

If all you need is a realtime "how close am I to filling up my AFT", then the
mminfo w/ %used is the easier, quicker answer.  Hope this helps.

--Ted