Networker

Re: [Networker] reporting volumes on retention

2008-05-16 08:54:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] reporting volumes on retention
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 07:51:23 -0500
Hello,
You may benefit from having 3rd party software that allows SLA's, Bocada
may be tek tools, once you separate out the data by perhaps departments,
pools etc and have good idea as to what the size of the backups per
clients are and combine them with your retention policy, you could come up
with a scheme that will let you do a charge back.
HTH

ianc <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
05/16/2008 06:59 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] reporting volumes on retention

Hi All,

I need to cross charge for the amount of data held on retention at a per
GB rate. What I don't know, is to how to work out how much data we have on
retention? Hopefully, I don't need to go through the whole index - as some
of it is on tape itself, and it would probably take forever to do - and I
need to do it every month.

Any ideas?

Thx

|This was sent by iancchappell AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type