Networker

Re: [Networker] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NW

2008-04-01 10:16:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NW
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:12:07 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
04/01/2008 05:57:49 AM:

> "Read-onlyness," the difference between making a tape read-only in
NetWorker
> vs. setting the physical write protect tab, and the fact that making a
tape
> read-only in NetWorker will not prevent it from being relabeled.

I guess I'm misunderstanding. What do you mean by this? What difference? I
usually end up doing both - marking the tape RO in NetWorker, and setting
the physical write-protect tab. The fact that a RO tape can be relabeled
is a surprise to me (never had to do that). It's a bit of a disquieting
surprise, at that.