Networker

Re: [Networker] Limit on number of savesets in an nsrclone?

2008-03-11 10:01:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Limit on number of savesets in an nsrclone?
From: Ian G Batten <ian.batten AT UK.FUJITSU DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:45:51 +0000
On 10 Mar 08, at 1951, Preston de Guise wrote:

Check to see whether the saveset reported as missing actually can be found under a /_AF_readonly component of the volume. If so, then you have a known bug whereby nsrd/nsrmm can accidentally generate data to the "wrong side" of the device. Because it shouldn't go there, then NetWorker can't find it when the saveset access is attempted.

No, I can't see them there: all the savesets that are missing are from around the time we had an array crash and restart so I'm suspecting it's a storage problem. But I'll watch out for the scenario you describe: it rings bells for other problems.

Failing ~300 savesets because one of them is unreadable is a bit naughty, too.

This resolved corruption in the DBU resource/mm entry that would still allow the savesets to be created "on the wrong side" even with the nsrmmd/nsrd fixes in place.

I'm afraid I was never given patch IDs etc for this, just the patches.

Sounds worth getting the patched versions anyway, though.

Thanks for your input.

ian