Networker

Re: [Networker] Compression on Win2003 servers question

2008-02-26 16:02:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Compression on Win2003 servers question
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:58:32 -0600
Hello,
You should defiantly be able to do Hardware compression, i don't have my
HP Jukebox powered to tell you the exact steps, but check with HP support
and load the Tape lib\drive utility that comes with HP and you should be
able to set the compression.

MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
02/26/2008 02:20 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Compression on Win2003 servers question

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
02/26/2008 09:22:01 AM:

> Hello,
> There are different ways to handle compression, i prefer letting the
> Hardware  ( Tapes) handle it ( The utilities\program that comes with
your
> Tape Library or Device\driver will let you set the compression).

So I would have thought. However, I see no such option with the "HP
Library and Tape Tools" does not seem to provide such an option, that I
can see.

I'd prefer hardware compression; however, at this point, I'll take what I
can get. :-)

type