Networker

Re: [Networker] Compression on Win2003 servers question

2008-02-26 15:24:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Compression on Win2003 servers question
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:20:07 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
02/26/2008 09:22:01 AM:

> Hello,
> There are different ways to handle compression, i prefer letting the
> Hardware  ( Tapes) handle it ( The utilities\program that comes with
your
> Tape Library or Device\driver will let you set the compression).

So I would have thought. However, I see no such option with the "HP
Library and Tape Tools" does not seem to provide such an option, that I
can see.

I'd prefer hardware compression; however, at this point, I'll take what I
can get. :-)