Networker

[Networker] Problem with update to NW 7.3.2 on linux

2006-09-21 05:22:34
Subject: [Networker] Problem with update to NW 7.3.2 on linux
From: Bernd Gotschy <bernd.gotschy AT MORSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 05:16:54 -0400
Hallo,

we have a big environment with about 400 clients
and 3 storage nodes (AIX and Suse Linux 8). Backup
server is Suse Linux 8. With NW 7.2.1 we had no problems.
When we made an update to NW 7.3.2 on the server
we had big troubles because during startup the
initial index check increased from seconds to a
minute. So the server start takes hours.
Every jukebox operations takes also minutes. So
we had to downgrade to NW 7.2.1.

Has anyone seen similar problems or an idea what
the problem is. We have also a big solaris backup
environment were we never had problems with NW 7.3.x.
Must be specific to linux.

regards
Bernd