Networker

[Networker] Backup Pools

2006-09-21 11:24:04
Subject: [Networker] Backup Pools
From: Ben Harner <benjamin.harner AT MARYMOUNT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:13:10 -0400
Hey All,

I am in the works of changing our backup schema and I have a question about pools. Now we have maybe 20 servers in our network and was playing with the idea of having a pool per group in order to ensure certain servers are on certain tapes so recovery time will be minimized and so I can recover more than one server at a time if need be (we have more than one tape drive). Right now we have 2 pools with our main campus servers on one pool and our satellite campus servers on the other pool. Are there any issues beside needing a lot of tapes with using 6 or 7 pools in order to have certain servers on certain tapes. Does it degrade performance of backups, etc....

Thanks

Ben

"signoff networker" in the